Arendal, town and port, southern Norway. Its excellent harbour is on Tromøy Sound, a protected sound sheltered by the offshore island of Tromøy. A port since the 14th century, Arendal had the largest fleet in Norway before the steamship era. From the 16th century it prospered from timber exports. Some timber is still floated down the Nidelva River, which empties into the Skagerrak (strait between Norway and Denmark) at Arendal.
Amazing view of Arendal from the top. 😉
Trinity Church (full English name: Church of Holy Trinity) is a parish church in Arendal municipality in Aust-Agder county, Norway. It is located in the town of Arendal. The church is the only church in the Trefoldighet parish which is part of the Arendal prosti (deanery) in the Diocese of Agder og Telemark. The Dean of the Arendal prosti is based at this church. The red, brick, cruciform church is a basilica in the neo-Gothic style. The long church has short cross-arms, but seats about 1,200 people.
The foundation stone was laid down on 7 August 1885, and on 29 June 1888 the church was consecrated.
With some special friends!