S E R F A U S A U S T R I A
Hi! We’ve been skiing in Serfaus - Austria for 8 years now. It is well known as part of the ski-region “Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis”. It’s our fav wintersport destination: lots of slopes in all kind of categories, superb kids facilities and classes and great lunch spots on the mountains.
We just returned from a week of ski-, outdoor-, snow-, sunrise- and sunset delight and unpacked our bags, but I really want to go back NOW! Let me reveal our 5 ‘secret’ activities and show you my photo’s of the beautiful mountains and skies in Serfaus!
“Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face.”
* Dave Berry *
1. Book an apartment or hotel at the lower part of the village, from where you’ll have a beautiful view (without other hotels and houses blocking it) on the sunrises and sunsets behind the mountains. Okay, some will say you’ll have to climb more to get to the main street or underground train, but hey: you’re there for an active holiday right? Get your body moving!
I see faces from our balcony...
2. Apart from skiing and boarding it is fun to go sledding on the special sledding runs. Especially in the morning when there are not a lot of people doing that. Prepare to go fast and laugh your ass of! You can rent a sled at Interport Kirschner for a full day and low prize. When you like to take a break you can return the sled and pick it up again later on.
3. The best place to drink a latte or cappuccino is fine dine restaurant Monte Mare (‘Where the mountain meets the see’), directly on the slopes of the Masner. It’s not cheap but you’ll enjoy great coffee, service and the best view on the majestic Alps, both outside on the sunny terrace and inside (because of the big windows). It’s our favorite place to take a first break from skiing. When you are an experienced skier it will take you about 45 minutes from middle station to get there (excluding waiting times at the lifts). You can also book the Masner Sunset Dinner that takes place on Tuesdays. The Master Express will ride you back at 8:30 pm. We didn’t do this before but this experience is definitely on our wishlist!
4. Have lunch in one of these restaurants next to the slopes: the Frommes Alp (in Fiss), the new Seealm Hög and Leithewirt (both in Serfaus). These restaurants serve high quality food and Seealm and Leithewirt have plenty of play opportunities for kids. Seealm Hög is situated at a lakeshore with a cute white chapel between the trees. It’s also possible to jump in the nearby toboggan.
5. Go to the Adventure Night - evening show, every Wednesday at the Komperdell in Serfaus. You’ll be amazed by In the capacities of the different artists, acrobats and the ski school. Laserbeams, fireworks, music, stunts and show will make the mountain a magical place.
Friend climbing the hill for the best view.
We’ll be back! Bye bye mountains!
My ski gear: Atomic skies Salomon shoes Brunotti pants and coat This is an #epixtrip entry! From Austrian slopes to Tahitian waves... My island heart would skip a beat (or more ;0) xxx The EpiXtrip to Tahiti is sponsored by: Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts The Brando Tetiaroa Society @Steller Powered by: Adidas Outdoor
Viel Spass! More pics of mine on Insta: @simone_wit [This story is not sponsored] #serfaus #austria #fiss #ladis #ski #winter #snow #skiing #mountains #alps #travel #travelphotography #travelguide #travelblogger #sky #sunset #sunrise #stellerstories #photographer #epixtrip #outdoor #outdoors #adventure #adventures #outdooradventure #outdooractivities #womenwhoexplore #sled #sledding #visitaustria #visitserfaus