The Queens Museum Queens, New York
Color and glow
"Color is to the eye what music is to the ear" Louis Comfort Tiffany
The Neustadt Collection of Tiffany Glass "A Passion for Tiffany Lamps"
-1893- Louis Comfort Tiffany and his business partner, Arthur Nash, founded The Sturbridge Glass Company, in Corona, Queens.
It was located at the southwest corner of 43rd Avenue and 97th Place.
It was later known as The Tiffany Studios. The building was sold and razed in 2013 and a public school will be built on the site.
In 1935, Dr. Egon Neustadt and his bride, Hildegard, began collecting Tiffany lamps. Over 50 years, they amassed the most important collection in the world.
"God has given us our talents, not to copy the talents of others, but rather to use our brains and imagination in order to obtain the revelation of true beauty." Louis Comfort Tiffany
©Susan Kalish #stellerstories #NYC #Queens #art #color #Tiffany #glass #documentary #history #nopeople #stellerplaces #iphoneography #iphoneonly #iphone6s
©Susan Kalish IPhone Photography/ Masters SusanMarguliesKalish.com SansSouciBlogs.com The Cerebral Jukebox Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s?k=the+cerebral+jukebox