,
PARCO TROTTER
It takes it’s name from the Trotter
Society, as the National Trotting
Society was called in Milan, which
planted a racecourse in the area that
remained in operation from 1906 to
1924, when it was moved to San Siro.
Having acquired the area, the
Municipality of Milan built a school
for children with tuberculosis, called
"Casa del Sole".  Even when the TBC
ceased to be a widespread social
disease, the accumulated
pedagogical experience allowed the
establishment of a special school
largely based on outdoor activities.
Attention was shifted to "frail
children" who needed heliotherapy.
The school was one of the few in
Milan with a swimming pool.


The park, located in a multi-ethnic
and multicultural neighborhood, has
been open to the public during non-
school hours since the 1970s.
,
,
,
,
,
,
GIARDINI REALI DI MONZA
The Royal Palace of Monza, is a
large neoclassical palace built in
Monza by the Habsburgs - as a
private residence - during the
Austrian domination of the
eighteenth century.
The construction commission,
conferred in 1777 to the imperial
architect Giuseppe Piermarini,
was completed in just three years,
while to complete the setting
up of the well-kept gardens
it took a few more years.


The Gardens are located around the
perimeter of the Villa (mainly
on the back, on the sides facing
north-east).  They constitute a whole
green with the Monza Park, although
they are actually separated from it
by a fence - partly of masonry, partly
of a railing - which still has several
openings (both towards the park and
towards the city).
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
It is an Art Nouveau building
designed in the second half of the
1920s by Aldo Andreani.
It is located in via Serbelloni 10,
near Corso Venezia, and its name
derives from the large bronze ear
placed next to the entrance door.
The big ear is a work signed by
Adolfo Wildt and was conceived as
an intercom.

According to a legend, born around
this strange bronze sculpture carved
in the 1930s, if you whisper a wish in
Wildt's ear, it will come true.
CA’ DELL’OREGGIA
,
,
It was built between 1932 and 1935 as
an independent single-family house
designed by Piero Portaluppi, one of
the greatest Italian architects of that
period, and is surrounded by a large
garden with tennis court
and a swimming pool.

The area, central but quiet and
wooded, appeared very attractive to
Angelo Campiglio and the Necchi
sisters, who, originally from Pavia,
wanted a home in Milan.

Starting from 1938, and for about
twenty years, the Necchi Campiglio
family made use of the architect
Tomaso Buzzi, who was
commissioned to arrange the
exterior and then to renovate the
furnishings of some rooms, in a style
inspired by eighteenth-century art,
softer and more elaborate
than the essentiality of the original
rooms of Portaluppi.

In 2009 Luca Guadagnino's film
“I am love” was shot in the villa.
VILLA NECCHI-CAMPIGLIO
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
CREATED BY
SHARE
Made with Steller

Download Steller to view and
create the world's best travel stories.